Thursday, March 31, 2011

When's the big day?

After getting engaged it seems like every person we came in contact with had the same question... " When's the big day?" Ummmm, I just found out I was getting married, how am I supposed to know when! It is still processing. 

A few days later we had a chance to talk about dates, we thought about getting married on September 10, 2011. It was far enough out it would give us plenty of time to sort out which side of the country we would settle down in, and not to mention it was a cute date 09-10-11.  Well, that date came crashing down quickly. " That day doesn't work for me, I can't make it, why does it have to be in September- can't you do it in December?" It's OUR wedding, we will pick our own date. Now, I have always said since I was young I would never allow myself to become a bridezilla once I became engaged. But really... its my day, not yours. 

Moving on, we eventually decided against September 10, 2o11 for us, not for anyone else. Our big day is now September 24,2011. If the day we got engaged the question was "when's the big day?" I can only imagine how soon after the wedding we will be getting "When are you having a baby?" To answer the question now.... we plan on waiting a few years so we can travel and enjoy being newlyweds.

No comments:

Post a Comment