Friday, May 20, 2011

Been missing... trying to stay afloat in an ocean of stress

So, I appologize for not updating in the past few weeks.... I have been a little extremely stressed. Yes, wedding planning can be stressful, what color linens, flowers and details oh my! But, life and work has been getting the best of me in recent weeks. I think someone is testing my limits to see how much I can handle before I just fall apart.


Let me explain, I work for a Judge in Las Vegas. My employment is determined by his re-election. Usually, this wouldn't be overly stressful. He is very respected in the community, well liked and should have no problem getting re-elected. If you google Judges son arrested for Bellagio Heist.... yep you will find my boss' name. That is why my stress level has gone up and up and up.


As if that is not enough to try to handle on top of planning my own September wedding and being in one of my best friends weddings in July my fiance job added a whole new twist on things. He is in law enforcement and has to go to an academy to get his POST certification in Nevada. We have known this since January and they have not given him any information as to when it will be, just "sometime this year". He asked about our wedding and the dates we were planning our honeymoon for and was told that it should be no problem and to go ahead and book the honeymoon.


Never trust government employers. End of story. We book our honeymoon, 7 night cruise to the Carribbean balcony suite. Life is good, we are counting down the days. His Sergeant then tells him that his academy will be 8 weeks long and it starts on September 6th. Ummm we are getting married September 24th and leaving for our honemoon on September 30th. Well we WERE leaving for our honeymoon, now we get to cancel it and plan on going sometime before the end of the year hopefully.


So, that my friends is why I have not been keeping you updated on my wedding plans! But, I have been hard at work. Invitations are done. They were a labor of love and turned out amazing! I will post about those soon. I am currently working out final details on our centerpieces so I can get started. It seems like we have so much time left, but in reality we are just over 4 months away!

No comments:

Post a Comment