Tuesday, May 31, 2011

DIY Pocketfold Invites.... labor of love

I decided early on I wanted pocketfold invitations, I loved the look of them and knew I had to have them. I got a few price quotes and quickly decided these invitations are not in my budget. I was going to settle for something more budget friendly. I thought I would give the whole DIY invitations a try and see how hard they could possibly be. To my surprise, I was able to do them! And not just a so-so job either. ( yes I am singing my own praises!) I am so very excited how my invites turned out. For all of the DIY brides out there here is one major word of advice... start early! I did my invitations early and am so grateful that I never once felt the need to rush through them.

The supplies:

- LOTS of patience
- 12x12 linen texture black cardstock
- 81/2 x 11 linen texture white cardstock
- hot pink satin ribon
- lots of glue runner
- 3mm pink rhinestones
- 3mm, 4mm and 5mm clear rhinestones
- scroll paper punch
- good papercutter
- Martha Stewart paper creaser... this was my lifesaver!


(Personal Photo)

My pocketfolds were made to 5x7", for me I found it was easiest to cut all of my paper first, then assemble. For the pocket, I wanted to add a little extra and found a scroll punch that added the touch I was looking for.

I cut out all of the inserts and then put them in the pocketfolds once I had all inserts cut and sorted out.


(Personal Photos)
To make the belly bands, it was easiest to cut all of the ribbon and tape the ends like so:

(Personal Photo)


I made my tags for the belly band by printing on the white linen paper, gluing it to the black linen paper so it created a border. I cut a second piece of black paper the same as the first. Place the second piece of black paper linen side down, wrap ribbon around pocketfold and tape to the black paper. Glue the top piece of black on top of the ribbon to complete the belly band.

(Personal Photo)


Here is a photo of the invitation closed, I have changed the envelope liner since I took this picture. I will post a photo a little later in the post.

(Personal Photo)

I knew I wanted pink envelopes and I was going to make them, but decided to save my sanity and just purchase the pink envelopes for the invite and the rsvp's.

The original envelope liner was replaced with this design. I was originally going to hand stamp the damask print then cut to fit the envelopes. I quickly decided against this extremely time consuming task. Enter beautiful damask scroll print paper on sale from Joann's!


(Personal Photo)


To have inner envelopes or not to have inner envelopes.... I decided not. I also decided that for my budget, calligraphy was just not going to work. I did not want to just slap any ol label on my beauties and call it a day. I loved the look of the wrap around labels and decided to make my own.



And that my lovelies is my invitation suite. A labor of love, but well worth it!




No comments:

Post a Comment